Passionfruit Guava Cheesecake
|375 g ||speculoos cookies |
|4 TBSP (1/2 stick) ||butter |
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes.
|32 oz ||cream cheese |
|1.5 cups ||sugar |
|4 TBSP ||corn starch |
|3 ||eggs |
|~1oz ||lime juice |
|2 oz ||passionfruit puree |
|2 oz ||guava puree |
|0.5 cup ||heavy cream |
- Note: The amounts for lime, passionfruit, guava, and cream needn’t be exact. Shoot for about a cup of liquid.
- Beat 1/4 of the cream cheese with corn starch and 0.5 cup sugar
- Add remaining cream cheese and sugar, mix
- Add eggs, mix
- Add liquids (cream, juice, puree), mix only until blended, do not overmix
- Bake in water bath for 60 minutes at 350F
|1 cup ||guava puree |
|~0.5 oz ||lime juice |
|1.5 tsp ||gelatin |
|2 to 4 TBSP ||sugar |
- Put 0.5 cup guava puree and lime juice into a bowl, sprinkle a packet of knox gelatin over it. Let sit for ~ 1 minute. Stir until gelatin is mostly dissolved.
- Heat remaining 0.5 cup puree and sugar until boiling.
- Combine hot and cold, and stir vigorously for a few minutes until homogenous texture.
- once cool to about room temperature, pour on top of cheesecake (that is also around room temperature)
Chill the whole shebang for at least 2 hours.
This is a pretty legit mashup of a lot of sources.