|Cloves ||20 |
|Allspice berries ||20 |
|Star anise fruits ||2 |
|Ginger ||21g |
|Raw (turbinado) sugar ||150g |
|Water ||75g |
|Lime zest ||4 limes |
|Plantation 5 year rum ||100 g |
|Almond extract ||0.75 mL |
- Heat the cloves, allspice, and star anise gently in a skillet to toast them.
- While those are toasting, grate ginger into a heat-safe pint jar.
- Add the sugar and water to the jar and stir.
- Microwave the sugar mixture, stopping every 30 sec or so to stir, and watch closely so it doesn’t boil over.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add the toasted spices, and set aside to cool.
- Zest the limes.
- Once the mixture is cool, add the zest and rum.
- Put the lid on, shake, label, and let sit for about 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, strain into a bottle.
- Uncertain, but probably a mash up of a few recipes.
- Original Date: 2021-06-29