|3/4 lb (12 oz)||cherry tomatoes|
|12||large fresh basil leaves|
|1/3 C||toasted almonds|
|1-2||plump garlic cloves|
|1/4 tsp||crushed red pepper|
|1/2 tsp||coarse sea salt|
|1/2 C||olive oil|
- Start boiling water for 16oz pasta. Proceed to other steps while cooking and draining pasta.
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor.
- Blend for about a minute to puree; scrape down sides and blend again.
- With machine running, add olive oil in a steady stream.
- Pour over hot drained pasta and add parmesan cheese to taste. Makes enough for 16 oz pasta.
Sally’s family found it somewhere.
Try it with squid ink pasta, purple basil, and purple tomatoes! I haven’t, but it might be good.