Frangipane (Almond) Tart
|½ cup (125g)||unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|1/2 cup (100g)||sugar|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 tsp||almond extract|
|1 ¼ cups||ground almond (120g)|
|3 tablespoons (45g)||unbleached all-purpose flour|
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and continue whisking until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition.
- Whisk in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Finally, whisk in the ground almond and the flour. Mix until just incorporated.
Baking the tart
- Pour into a prepared (perhaps blind baked?!) tart crust
- Top with halved stone fruit, cut side down. Perhaps also sliced almonds?
- Bake for 40+ minutes at 350ºF
- Let cool, serve topped with whipped cream or powdered sugar.
Mostly based off of Pardon Your French
- Consider other nuts… pecans, pistachios, walnuts, etc
- Note that Pardon Your French does not blind bake the crust – to consider next time!